After Marriet Allen found herself filing for bankruptcy at the young age of 21, she took her grandmother’s advice to heart. “Some sense is bought sense; learn from this so you won’t have to go through this again.” She did learn from it and now shares her knowledge with others.
- Seek Help when you need it. Don’t allow shame or embarrassment to keep you in your circumstances. “Complain and Remain or Confess and Address.”
- Stay Away from Payday Loans
- Be aware of the emotional side of money.
- Do not enable others. Plant a seed by sharing information about wise money habits.
- Awareness of a problem is the beginning of changing it.
- Learn because when you know better you can do better.